News & Updates

Don’t Forget Your Adoption Tax Credits

If you adopted a child in 2018 be sure to tell your tax professional because you may be eligible for a Federal or State adoption tax credit. The maximum Federal tax credit in 2018 was $13,840.00 per child.  You may carry forward any unused tax credit for five years.  You will need to fill out Form 8839   to claim the Federal adoption tax credit.  Your tax professional will be able to explain what expenses are “qualified adoption expenses” and what documentation is required.